Fermentations: Rebuilding Digestion and the Microbiome
Taught by Master Clinician and Herbal Product Formulator, Tamara Wolfson, L.Ac
This online course is a comprehensive introduction to the world of fermented foods.
In this course you will:
- Gain a western scientific and Chinese medical perspective on the role of gut health and digestion in maintaining overall balance and strength in our bodies
- Investigate the history and traditions involved in creating the fermentations that heal us
- Acquire the tools YOU need to create fermentations in your own kitchen
- Have an opportunity to talk directly with Tamara Wolfson
Why is this course important for you?
Fermented food is a fundamental cornerstone of our bodies core nutritional needs.
To be healthy, you must regularly consume quality fermentations.
These kinds of foods have been a Dietary aid throughout all of human history, and have become lost in the last 70 years.
JOIN the dietary renaissance to help us regain our skills and traditions associated with fermenting foods.
Who needs this course?
- ANYONE wanting to simply be healthier
- Anyone suffering from any digestive issue
- People wanting to strengthen their immune system
- Anyone with an autoimmune disease
- Mom's wanting to raise strong, healthy kids
- Women in menopause
- Clinicians who want to help their clients with digestive disorders
- Anyone who is curious and motivated to expand their culinary horizons
Why learn from Tamara Wolfson?
She is as passionate about food as medicine, and has had decades of experience in the food world, in the kitchen, as a mom and clinician.
Fermentations are not purely an intellectual construct for her. They have been a way of life for Tamara Wolfson, her family, and her clinical practice for years.
In this unique and never before seen online course, Tamara Wolfson will share with you her ideas and experiences with fermenting and the richness of creating your own traditions through creating and sharing food.
What's in this course?
- Three multi-hour long lectures, including hundreds of high definition slides, alongside video/audio of Tamara Wolfson
- Two intimate never before seen video demonstrations
- A Fermentation Seminar taught be Tamara Wolfson, in which she displays the variety of fermentations one can make (including unknown off-the-market fermentations), fermentation techniques, expert advice, and more!
- A video demonstration in which Tamara Wolfson takes you through the process of making kimchi, beet kvass, yogurt, coconut kefir, cultured butter, and lacto-fermented pickles.
- Multiple written Digestive Health Case Studies and Herbal Formulations
- A complimentary 30 minute long consultation directly with Tamara Wolfson ($100+ value!)
This is course is approved for 15 California Continuing Education Units and 15 PDAs nation-wide through the NCCAOM, for acupuncturists.
Tamara graduated Magna Cum Laude with a B.S. in research psychology and completed a second major in mental health psychology at Southern Connecticut State University. She attended Tristate Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine; a three-year Chinese medical institute in New York City and received her first diploma in acupuncture. She obtained a second degree, an M.S. in Oriental Medicine after attending a four-year program at the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in San Francisco.
Her training continued with extensive experiences in community medicine in clinics such as the Sidney Hillman Healthcare Clinic in New York City, Fourteenth Street Methadone Clinic, Oakland and the Zen Hospice Project in San Francisco. She has trained extensively with Mark Seem, Kiiko Matsumoto, Bob Flaws, Honora Lee Wolfe, Ted Kaptchuk, Chip Chase, Jeffery Yuen, Arya Nielson, Jim McCormick, Peter Thompson, Eric Stevens and Donna Finnando.
Her osteopathic training has been an integration of two Japanese based neuromuscular reeducation systems, Sotai-ho and Anma, and the powerful Chinese system of Tui-na. These modalities are all focused on returning natural body alignment by working with the breath and moving toward comfort rather than adjusting toward pain while untwisting muscular holding patterns.
Tamara has been practicing natural medicine for over 20 years. Her clinic is located in Marin County, California. Her practice of osteo-acupuncture includes the utilization of counterstrain, myofascial release, neuromuscular therapy (trigger point release), soft tissue manipulation, visceral manipulation, lymphatic flow support, skeletal manipulation and the incorporation of apitherapy and Bee Venom Therapy (BVT), extensive herbal medicines and nutritional support offers her clients a comprehensive natural medicine foundation for assisting in the healing processes of most conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to healtHIVE.com to discover information about upcoming courses, purchase Tamara Wolfson's herbal and apitherapy products, and review the latest blog posts.
This distance education course is approved by CA for 15 California State Continuing Education Units.
In the future, this course will offer CEUs for Florida and National API Points.
A passing score of 70% is needed to pass the quiz. Once you complete the course, pass the quiz, and submit your Course Evaluation Form to [email protected], within 48 hours we will email you your certificate of completion.
You have unlimited lifetime access to the course, and may retake the quiz as many times as necessary.
If you see the web player for the lecture, but it's not loading, check your internet connection and reload the page.
If you do not see the web player, try reloading the page.